Are you looking for ideas for a fun and original date night for a new or long-term relationship? We have compiled a list of the best date night ideas near Hershey, PA. There is something for every personality type, from those who love active adventures to those who prefer quieter pursuits. If you need help with planning or some additional ideas or clarification, please do not hesitate to call us! We love to help with itineraries! Make sure you have any lodging requirements taken care of, along with plans for a perfect day.
If your idea of the perfect date is going over the top, here are our suggestions:
- Get a Couples Massage at The Spa at the Hershey Hotel. You are in Hershey, so go ahead and order up a cocoa massage and follow up with a chocolate sugar scrub. Sweet!
- Since you are near Hershey’s Chocolate World, take the Chocolate Tour, and then Create Your Own Candy Bar — won’t it be fun to see the differences and similarities in your creations?
- Since you have your sweet tooth activated, hop in your car and visit locations on the Chocolate & More Sweet Treat Trail. Enjoy crepes, chocolates, cupcakes, pies, and maybe some coffee to wash it down.
- If you haven’t had enough chocolate, head to The Hershey Story (a museum on Chocolate Avenue) and try a flight of warm drinking chocolates from around the world.
If your idea of an amazing date is to pump up the adrenaline, try these ideas:
- Try your hand at axe throwing at Stumpy’s Hatchet House. Reserve your time, and the staff will train you; vent your frustrations by heaving these hatchets.
- Challenge each other to some indoor climbing at Spookynook Sports. Whether you are a beginner or experienced, the angles and diverse routes will sure to satisfy your urge for excitement.
- If you loved the Hunger Games and want to try your hand at archery, visit the Lancaster Archery Academy. There are classes for all levels in either group settings or private lessons.
If your mutual love is food, drinks, and everything that goes with it, we have some different suggestions:
- Try a food tour, either in Harrisburg’s Midtown covering both history and culinary influences, or in Lancaster, including the Farmer’s Market, or a Chef’s Table Tour.
- If you would rather do something hands-on, how about baking a seasonal pastry with a local expert? Depending on the season, you may attend a pie clinic with special crust and fluting instructions. Another option is Zest cooking classes that have unique ethnic cuisines.
- Hop into your car, and visit craft breweries on the Brew Baron’s Beer Trail. There are more than two dozen participating craft brewers — taste, compare, and discuss the merits of each brew. If you prefer wine to beer, no problem! Check out the Hershey Harrisburg Wine Trail. You are sure to find some wines to your taste.
- If you visit on a first or third Friday, you are in luck. It is an art and culture extravaganza in downtown Lancaster! You will see galleries, artisan studios, and boutiques, along with special offerings at restaurants.
- For theater performances, you can’t go wrong! There are concerts and musical performances at the Hershey Theater or the Fulton Theatre. For large-scale events, the Hersheypark Stadium and Giant Stadium constantly host events.
- Maybe your idea of a perfect day is to explore an independent bookstore (maybe attend a signing). We are lucky to have several of these bookstores for your perusal — Aaron’s Books, Dog Star Books, and Midtown Scholar Bookstore.
If you are a pair of extroverts, maybe these are the activities for you:
- If it’s hockey season, there are few crowds rowdier than those for a great hockey game. Get tickets to a Hershey Bears game, and scream to your heart’s content.
- Maybe you would like to try an activity that tests your mental acuity, not to mention patience? Try an Escape Room! Or, for a mini-version (just 12 minutes), go to Adventure Escape Room. You will see how the two of you work together to solve problems!
If you consider yourselves introverts, looking for a quieter way to spend time together, here are some ideas:
- Try a stroll through the Hershey Botanical Gardens; especially amazing is the Butterfly Atrium. There are attractions both indoors and out to provoke conversation and bonding.
- Try a Behind-the-Scenes Tour at ZooAmerica! You will visit the non-public spaces and get some up close time with some of the animals.
A Romantic Getaway
A getaway at a bed and breakfast is usually at the top of the list of a great date night. The 1825 Inn Bed and Breakfast will not disappoint as the beginning or end of your choice of the best date night ideas near Hershey, PA. Our historic property and personal service will help you relax and forget your daily worries. As you can see, there are so many choices of great ways to spend time together! Come and visit us soon.