2022 COVID update:
At the present time, there are no Covid restrictions in this area. If you have concerns about indoor dining please see our blog for more detailed information on many of the area’s restaurant’s outdoor offerings. Even without restrictions, we will continue to operate with additional procedures in place. We are a small business that has always had a strict cleaning plan. Our inn is also our home and as such we have always taken great pride in its cleanliness. But with COVID-19 we have taken a closer look at our procedures and implemented additional sanitation processes and modified operations. For those visiting our inn we want to make you aware of these changes and ask that you help us in this process.
- At the present time, there is still a risk associated with any travel. While we are doing everything in our power to minimize this risk at the inn, we cannot guarantee you will not come in contact with COVID-19 during your stay in the Hershey area. If you do not want to accept this risk, please notify us immediately AND WE WILL ISSUE YOU A FULL CREDIT FOR A FUTURE STAY WHEN YOU WOULD FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE TRAVELING.
- We HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE IF A GUEST PRESENTS SYMPTOMS OF ILLNESS UPON CHECK IN OR DURING THEIR STAY. PROTECTING THE HEALTH OF ALL IS OUR TOP PRIORITY. If we feel you may be sick, we will ask you to leave and refund you the remainder of your stay.
- If you feel sick or believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19 we encourage you to stay home. We will gladly move your reservation to another time AND WILL NOT CHARGE A PROCESSING FEE.
- We have modified our breakfast procedures:
- Guests in our cottage rooms may be served in their room if they prefer.
- We have temporarily suspended our yogurt and juice bars.
- All food is prepared by only Don and Ellen following strict health and CDC guidelines.
- All staff will follow an increased hand washing schedule. This includes washing between contact of items of individual guest rooms.
- We ask that our guests wash their hands frequently as well.
- We have implemented additional sanitation procedures for each guest room which include:
- Sanitizing high contact items such as switches, doorknobs, remotes, faucets, and flush handles.
- We have implemented additional sanitation procedures for common areas such as doorknobs, railings, and breakfast bar.
- IN KEEPING WITH THE HOSPITABLE ENVIRONMENT, WE WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE PREPACKED COMPLIMENTARY SNACKS, WATER AND SODA AVAILABLE.
- During this phase, we will refresh rooms by request only. If you require additional linens or supplies, please let us know.
- Many restaurants in the Hershey area are serving meals for takeout as well as indoor, and outdoor dining. But with limited indoor and outdoor seating you may still want to get your meal to go. If so:
- We can assist with obtaining meals to go if you like.
- For guests staying in our cottage rooms dinners can be enjoyed in room. We can assist with additional silverware, plates, etc. Please see us if needed.
- For guests staying in the main house dinners can be enjoyed in our breakfast room. We can assist additional plates, silverware, etc.
- During nice weather, all guests can also eat on the deck. Please make sure you allow the required 6’ between guests when more than one party is present.
- If you are eating at the property, please make us aware of this so we can clean up any utensils, and clean and sanitize the eating area when finished.
- All staff are being monitored for signs of symptoms.
- As everything about this virus continues to evolve, these precautions are subject to change at any time.
We will continue to keep you up to date on any changes as they occur. As always, we greatly appreciate your support of small businesses like our own. We will continue to serve you to the best of our ability given any set of circumstances. Thank you.
Don & Ellen